You are cordially invited to submit an abstract for the fourth edition of the Blanquerna-Emerson Global Summit, titled “Advocating United Nations Sustainable Goals Through Strategic Diplomacy.” The summit – which is organized by the Blanquerna School of Communication and International Relations in partnership with Emerson College (Boston, Los Angeles, Kasteel Well) – will take place at Blanquerna – Universitat Ramon Llull’s campus in Barcelona on November, 13-16, 2019. The conference is dedicated to the study of global trends linked to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals in the field of Global Communication, Diplomacy, Health, and Politics, and will gather leading scholars and practitioners (see the draft program).
You are invited to submit an abstract to any one (or more) of the 4 tracks related to the UN Sustainable Goals:
- Thriving world:
- Reduced Inequality;
- Zero Hunger;
- Gender Equality;
- Sociable World:
- Good Health and Well-Being;
- Responsible Consumption and Production;
- Sustainable Cities and Communities;
- Clean World:
- Life on Land;
- Climate Action;
- Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure;
- Productive World:
- Clean Water and Sanitation;
- Decent Work and Economic Growth;
- Peace, Justice and Strong Institutions.
- Submission of abstracts (by email): Sunday, October 1, 2019 to email@example.com ; firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Acceptance notification (by email): Between October 15 and October 20, 2019;
- Submission of selected abstract (by email): Notified 3 days after the submission by email@example.com ; firstname.lastname@example.org;
The 500-word abstract should include the purpose, methodology, findings, implications, and originality of the study. The name of the author(s) and all professional affiliations should not be included in the abstract, – they should be submitted in a separate document. Abstracts must be written in 12-point font and have 1.5 spacing. All documents must be submitted in PDF format.
All authors who wish to be selected for a potential publication in one of the journals bellow must submit by November the 8th, 2019, a full-paper version of their work ahead of the conference. It should be between 3000 to 6000 words in length (excluding references), must be in Word format with 12-point font and have 1.5 line spacing. The format of poster presentations will be specified following acceptance.
All papers presented at the conference will be made publicly available online prior to the conference. The best conference papers could be published in a conference proceedings based on the publisher’s interests.
The conference is partnered with several top-tier academic journals: